National Plant A Flower Day!
March 12th is National Plant A Flower Day! As little as one teaspoon or bottle cap of water standing for more than one week is enough for mosquitoes to breed and multiply. We are moving into the Spring and Summer season for gardening, below are some helpful tips for mosquito prevention.Learn More
- Make sure to wear long-sleeved shirts and long pants
- Put away items that are outside and not being used because they could hold standing water
- Keep flower pots and saucers free of standing water
- Flush birdbaths, fountains, and troughs twice a week
- Some plants such as bromeliads hold water in their leaves, flush out water-holding plants with your hose once a week